Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Alice is FINALLY finished!!

Months after tossing around ideas for what to do with the old cigar box that my dad sent me, it finally all came together as my tribute to Alice in Wonderland.

Alice has always been one of my favorite stories and once I had settled on that design idea it was easy - except for finding just the right illustrations for the outside of the box. I definitely wanted something edgier than the Disney version yet recognizable to everyone as Alice in Wonderland.

Fortunately, a recent version featuring artwork by Camille Rose Garcia just came out - and boy, is it ever awesome!! http://www.camillerosegarcia.com/

That artwork combined with some cool miniatures turned into a piece I'm quite pleased with and after much painting, cutting, gluing and arranging, my Alice treasure box is complete.


The top of the box.


The inside.


Detail of the key and bottle.


The door to Wonderland.


The outside - front.


I love the mad hatter!

No comments:

Post a Comment