Sunday, June 6, 2010

Getting ready for winter

Been a slow couple weeks for crafting. Between a trip to Vegas and continuing decluttering and cleaning, my artsy side has been neglected. We've given of a bunch of stuff to Goodwill (and still have more we are trying to sell.)

I have managed to knit a long skinny scarf and am working on crocheting a "novelty" scarf now. I think I prefer knitting scarves to crocheting them. It's easy to knit scarves. And the only way I can use the fun and funky fur yarn is to knit. I get lost trying to crochet with that stuff! And I have a lot of that fun fur yarn!

I make a lot of scarves considering I live in Southern California ... good thing we like to travel north for Thanksgiving and in the winter months.

I'm also starting a shadowbox. I took it apart and threw away the ugly stuff that was in it and am now painting it black. What will end up inside it is anyone's guess.

Reminder to self: I need to work on the pirate bear that I am entering in the fair. By work on, I mean "start." It is due at the end of this month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment