Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sometimes you have to quit while you are ahead ...

As I said in yesterday's post, I wanted to finish the hat I was working on. Well, it is more-or-less hat-shaped and it does go on my head, however, unless I meet Frankenstein or someone with a huge lumpy head, it's probably not going to be of much use.

I have a problem with hats for some reason. Whenever I try to follow a pattern, it either comes out too big or too small. Mostly too big - like the yarn grows as I'm working with it. And it doesn't matter if I am knitting or crocheting. Even if my gauge swatch meets the guidelines ... and it certainly didn't help that I started with a pattern and added my own flair to it. I guess this is something I will keep working on.

I think the next hats I will try will be baby hats. It seems like it would be easier to see where I am going wrong with those.

I don't know how it is that the little amigurumi dolls are so easy for me but simple shapes elude me ...

I'm also wondering about a business license and insurance. We have both for our photography business but that wouldn't cover selling crafts. At least I don't think it would. That's something I'll have to look into this week. Because what if someone strangles themselves with a scarf they bought from me? You'd think it wouldn't happen but you never know with people these days.

My next project is to finish the lap afghan I'm working on. It's nearly done but I keep putting it aside to work on hats and smaller projects. It's starting to bug me and I really need to use up some yarn ... I have no place for it all. Also this week I want to finish putting together my last four chokers. Everything is ready except the final assembly.

If I can have both of those done by the end of the week I will be happy. I've ordered the last supplies I need for my Alice in Wonderland fantasy box and I would like to get started on that by early next week!!

Today: a walk, pet care and clean-up, and hopefully my handsome and talented hubby will do some more work on my koi tattoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment