Friday, June 25, 2010

hey, there's a blog here ....

I wish I had more interesting things to fill it with ... actually, I've been doing some interesting things and enjoying life in general, it's just that my crafts can take time so I don't have a fascinating post everyday.

I've put down the yarn for a bit and have been working on some other things. I just made a cool diorama/shadowbox and I've been painting figurines in a "day of the dead" style.

Here are photos:

My day of the dead figure. She was a blank from the craft store. I am currently collecting figurines from thrift stores to repaint in this fashion. I'm working on a ballerina now.


I had a hard time photographing this shadowbox. The glare was impossible to get rid of ... anyhow, I love this and am extremely proud of it. It's a collage of tombstone photos I've taken along with a cute little skeleton I found at a thrift store. I love how it looks in 3D. It's very cute and just a little spooky.

I'm enjoying the dioramas and have a couple more to start.

I do have to pick up the yarn again. I HAVE to start my pirate teddy bear for the fair. They are due one week from today. I'm going to have it done!!

No comments:

Post a Comment